Installs, services, adjusts, or repairs coin, vending, or amusement machines including video games, juke boxes, pinball machines, or slot machines.
This career is part of the Manufacturing cluster Maintenance, Installation and Repair pathway.
A person in this career:
- Fills machines with products, ingredients, money, and other supplies.
- Inspects machines and meters to determine causes of malfunctions and fix minor problems such as jammed bills or stuck products.
- Tests machines to determine proper functioning.
- Replaces malfunctioning parts, such as worn magnetic heads on automatic teller machine (ATM) card readers.
- Maintains records of machine maintenance and repair.
- Cleans and oils machine parts.
- Orders parts needed for machine repairs.
- Adjusts and repairs coin, vending, or amusement machines and meters and replaces defective mechanical and electrical parts, using hand tools, soldering irons, and diagrams.
- Records transaction information on forms or logs, and notifies designated personnel of discrepancies.
- Keeps records of merchandise distributed and money collected.