Monitors, operates, and maintains landfill gas collection system components and environmental monitoring and control systems.
This career is part of the Manufacturing cluster Production pathway.
A person in this career:
- Operates landfill gas, methane, or natural gas fueled electrical generation systems.
- Performs routine maintenance or minor repairs to landfill gas collection and power generation systems, including equipment such as pneumatic pumps, blower or flare systems, and condensate management systems.
- Balances individual gas extraction wells at landfill gas facilities.
- Diagnoses or troubleshoots problems with methane or landfill gas collection systems.
- Downloads landfill gas well field monitoring data.
- Measures landfill gas vegetative covering, installing additional covering as required.
- Measures liquid levels in landfill gas extraction wells.
- Monitors landfill well fields periodically to ensure proper functioning and performance.
- Prepares and submits compliance, operational, and safety forms or reports.
- Reads, interprets, and adjusts monitoring equipment, such as flow meters and pressure or vacuum gauges.