Sets up, tests, and adjusts manufacturing machinery or equipment, using any combination of electrical, electronic, mechanical, hydraulic, pneumatic, or computer technologies.
This career is part of the Manufacturing cluster Manufacturing Production Process Development pathway.
A person in this career:
- Sets up and verifies the functionality of safety equipment.
- Adheres to all applicable regulations, policies, and procedures for health, safety, and environmental compliance.
- Calibrates or adjusts equipment to ensure quality production, using tools such as calipers, micrometers, height gauges, protractors, or ring gauges.
- Monitors and adjusts production processes or equipment for quality and productivity.
- Inspects finished products for quality and adherence to customer specifications.
- Troubleshoots problems with equipment, devices, or products.
- Tests products or subassemblies for functionality or quality.
- Provides advice or training to other technicians.
- Selects cleaning materials, tools, or equipment.
- Sets up and operates production equipment in accordance with current good manufacturing practices and standard operating procedures.