Works as part of a team having responsibility for assembling an entire product or component of a product. Team assemblers can perform all tasks conducted by the team in the assembly process and rotate through all or most of them rather than being assigned to a specific task on a permanent basis. May participate in making management decisions affecting the work. Includes team leaders who work as part of the team.
This career is part of the Manufacturing cluster Production pathway.
A person in this career:
- Performs quality checks on products and parts.
- Packages finished products and prepares them for shipment.
- Rotates through all the tasks required in a particular production process.
- Shovels, sweeps, or otherwise cleans work areas.
- Reviews work orders and blueprints to ensure work is performed according to specifications.
- Completes production reports to communicate team production level to management.
- Determines work assignments and procedures.
- Maintains production equipment and machinery.
- Provides assistance in the production of wiring assemblies.
- Supervises assemblers and trains employees on job procedures.