Assists electronics engineers in such activities as electronics systems and instrumentation design or digital signal processing.
This career is part of the Manufacturing cluster Manufacturing Production Process Development pathway.
A person in this career:
- Modifies, maintains, or repairs electronics equipment or systems to ensure proper functioning.
- Replaces defective components or parts, using hand tools and precision instruments.
- Sets up and operates specialized or standard test equipment to diagnose, test, or analyze the performance of electronic components, assemblies, or systems.
- Prepares or maintains design, testing, or operational records and documentation.
- Assembles circuitry for electronic systems according to engineering instructions, production specifications, or technical manuals.
- Provides support to technical sales staff regarding product characteristics.
- Inspects newly installed equipment to adjust or correct operating problems.
- Selects electronics equipment, components, or systems to meet functional specifications.
- Educates equipment operators on the proper use of equipment.
- Supervises the installation or operation of electronic equipment or systems.