Repairs and adjusts cameras and photographic equipment, including commercial video and motion picture camera equipment.
This career is part of the Manufacturing cluster Maintenance, Installation and Repair pathway.
A person in this career:
- Adjusts cameras, photographic mechanisms, or equipment such as range and view finders, shutters, light meters, or lens systems, using hand tools.
- Disassembles equipment to gain access to defect, using hand tools.
- Tests equipment performance, focus of lens system, diaphragm alignment, lens mounts, or film transport, using precision gauges.
- Cleans and lubricates cameras and polish camera lenses, using cleaning materials and work aids.
- Requisitions parts or materials.
- Calibrates and verifies accuracy of light meters, shutter diaphragm operation, or lens carriers, using timing instruments.
- Examines cameras, equipment, processed film, or laboratory reports to diagnose malfunction, using work aids and specifications.
- Reads and interprets engineering drawings, diagrams, instructions, or specifications to determine needed repairs, fabrication method, and operation sequence.
- Measures parts to verify specified dimensions or settings, such as camera shutter speed or light meter reading accuracy, using measuring instruments.
- Fabricates or modifies defective electronic, electrical, or mechanical components, using bench lathe, milling machine, shaper, grinder, or precision hand tools, according to specifications.