Operates, installs, calibrates, and maintains integrated computer/communications systems, consoles, simulators, and other data acquisition, test, and measurement instruments and equipment, which are used to launch, track, position, and evaluate air and space vehicles. May record and interpret test data.
This career is part of the Manufacturing cluster Manufacturing Production Process Development pathway.
A person in this career:
- Inspects, diagnoses, maintains, and operates test setups and equipment to detect malfunctions.
- Records and interprets test data on parts, assemblies, and mechanisms.
- Confers with engineering personnel regarding details and implications of test procedures and results.
- Adjusts, repairs or replaces faulty components of test setups and equipment.
- Identifies required data, data acquisition plans and test parameters, setting up equipment to conform to these specifications.
- Constructs and maintains test facilities for aircraft parts and systems, according to specifications.
- Operates and calibrates computer systems and devices to comply with test requirements and to perform data acquisition and analysis.
- Tests aircraft systems under simulated operational conditions, performing systems readiness tests and pre- and post-operational checkouts, to establish design or fabrication parameters.
- Fabricates and installs parts and systems to be tested in test equipment, using hand tools, power tools, and test instruments.
- Finishes vehicle instrumentation and deinstrumentation.