Builds, installs, tests, or maintains robotic equipment or related automated production systems.
This career is part of the Manufacturing cluster Manufacturing Production Process Development pathway.
A person in this career:
- Makes repairs to robots or peripheral equipment, such as replacement of defective circuit boards, sensors, controllers, encoders, or servomotors.
- Troubleshoots robotic systems, using knowledge of microprocessors, programmable controllers, electronics, circuit analysis, mechanics, sensor or feedback systems, hydraulics, or pneumatics.
- Installs, programs, or repairs programmable controllers, robot controllers, end-of-arm tools, or conveyors.
- Maintains service records of robotic equipment or automated production systems.
- Modifies computer-controlled robot movements.
- Performs preventive or corrective maintenance on robotic systems or components.
- Aligns, fits, or assembles components, using hand tools, power tools, fixtures, templates, or microscopes.
- Attaches wires between controllers.
- Evaluates the efficiency and reliability of industrial robotic systems, reprogramming or calibrating to achieve maximum quantity and quality.
- Tests performance of robotic assemblies, using instruments such as oscilloscopes, electronic voltmeters, or bridges.