Assists industrial engineers in such activities as quality control, inventory control, or material flow methods. May conduct statistical studies or analyze production costs.
This career is part of the Manufacturing cluster Manufacturing Production Process Development pathway.
A person in this career:
- Interprets engineering drawings, sketches, or diagrams.
- Plans the flow of work or materials to maximize efficiency.
- Develops or implements programs to address problems related to production, materials, safety, or quality.
- Modifies equipment or processes to improve resource or cost efficiency.
- Oversees or inspects production processes.
- Analyzes, estimates, or reports production costs.
- Compiles operational data to develop cost or time estimates, schedules, or specifications.
- Monitors and controls inventory.
- Conducts time and motion studies to identify opportunities to improve worker efficiency.
- Analyzes operational, production, economic, or other data, using statistical procedures.