Calculates, measures, loads, mixes, and processes refined feedstock with additives in fermentation or reaction process vessels and monitors production process. Performs, and keeps records of, plant maintenance, repairs, and safety inspections.
This career is part of the Manufacturing cluster Production pathway.
A person in this career:
- Monitors batch, continuous flow, or hybrid biofuels production processes.
- Operates valves, pumps, engines, or generators to control and adjust biofuels production.
- Monitors and records biofuels processing data.
- Collects biofuels samples and performs routine laboratory tests or analyses to assess biofuels quality.
- Operates equipment, such as a centrifuge, to extract biofuels products and secondary by-products or reusable fractions.
- Processes refined feedstock with additives in fermentation or reaction process vessels.
- Operates chemical processing equipment for the production of biofuels.
- Monitors and records flow meter performance.
- Inspects biofuels plant or processing equipment regularly, recording or reporting damage and mechanical problems.
- Measures and monitors raw biofuels feedstock.